Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some Gratitude and a Look Ahead

First of all, I want to thank everyone who tweeted, blogged, or posted on Facebook about The Boneyard 2.1. I think that my suspicion that 2.1 would help spread the word further than the call for submissions did is going to pan out, and I anticipate a bigger, more diverse 2.2.

As mentioned yesterday, as I feel like Boneyard 2.0 is still learning to walk, I'm going to go ahead and hold its hand for the second month. Here is the updated list of hosts. I'm really happy that the Boneyard has a host booked through February!

October 5: Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs
November 2: Other Branch
December 7: The History of Geology
January 4: When Pigs Fly Returns
February 1 Deep Sea News

Don't be bashful, send in your submissions for Boneyard 2.2. The post can be recent or from the past, and there won't be an overarching theme this time around. I look forward to themed issues, but right now, I just want to get it filled with as many different bloggers' writings as possible and not limit it in any way (other than the paleontology focus of the carnival, natch). So be sure to subscribe to the blog by clicking the feed line in the upper right hand corner.

Also, I'm finishing up some more proper artwork for this page and for badges to spread around the science blogosphere. I'll definitely finish it up before 2.2 goes live. I have an unfortunate perfectionist streak when it comes to design... but it's my goal to have it done by the end of the month.

That's all for now. Want to host? Want to submit? Let me know at chasmosaurs(at)gmail(dot)com.

No comments:

Post a Comment